Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WYD Global - Our Test Server ~!

Oh good. Oh joy!
I had always wanted to play in a test server but not like this 0.0
WYD Global is now our little messed up world.
People are saying "fix it or ima leavin' !"

What happened?

Let's go back to the Beginning. . . :)


November Friday 12th 2010

I checked the WYD site in the morning & saw the post:


I had to see this for myself lolz

So yeah, even with the gold bug you could tell the items on
server 1 & 3 cost bought from NPC were only 1 gold.

Okay so I thought free gems & pots for a while nothing big right?
It didn't occur to me that people would buy stuff from the NPC &
then sell it back to make billions of gold until someone pointed it out lol

I thought at worst people could idk, get things like upgraders to max out their items


Or now that I look at the ss also reset their stats =p
I honesty didn't even know an upgrader could be sold to npc for 12mil lol.

So then the GMs started monitoring the area & claiming to be taking down names.
They stationed their GM characters at the kingdom NPC's but it was too late.
(I figured out people had been abusing this bug a few days prior)

This was also not too effective because people just went to erion for their gold.

Apparently those things could have some value when sold to npc
or if that didn't work they could sell gems from Azran too I guess 0.0''






Later. . .

So most people that did have +11 god pieces by this point 
had maxed their stats but that wasnt the worse part.

Everyone suddenly became a billionaire whether you abused the bug or not.
Everyone now had tons of gold so it was worth nothing.


Hyper inflation has his WYD Global just like it has hit African currency.
Or if you prefer like Germany during the Great Depression:


So what to do?
The economy of the game has died.- as many like to say.

I think the obvious answer would have been a "Roll Back" but first off, 



What is a "roll back"??

What people mean when talking about it is that the game would be 
reset to the couple of days before this bug occurred which might have
been the 10th of last week after the weekly maintenance.

So you would be back to whatever you had before the 10th of November.
This does not mean a roll back before the 7.56 patch.
That would be another issue altogether =p


I just think the GMs have made it all to clear that they are unable
or incapable of doing a "roll back", without actually stating it, even if they want to.



Right Now

So what will happen now?
 Surely we cannot hope to expect a "roll back" :(


Even if the bug is fixed by next patch what will happen to the gold?
Somehow everyone is involved now. 

Will the GMs just deleted all the gold in game?
I know I had a few mil beforehand I'd rather not lose lol.

Also this bug only helped to hurt the game even further by making more distrust
from the players that were also uneasy about the bugs of the sudden 7.56 patch.

Oh, what to do?


People have already started waving the SD india flag.

I know I am definitely not going to that crappy server.
Even with all the faults of WYD Global even now, it's still better.
(SD will also eventually get the 7.56 patch soon)

Others have started selling the accounts. 
Actually all the people I know have started.

GMs better have some heavy compensation awaiting players
that loyally stayed through all of this mess on top of great mess.


(p/s: I dont suggest selling important items for gold right now)





Me
Tons of people are asking what I will do?
I really am not sure but I'll say what I'm not doing.

I am not going to WYD India.
I am not quitting just yet.
I am not a GM
(stop asking lol!)

Well toodles~!
Let's hope for the best. ^_^!

5 comments:

  1. wow claire you allways amaze me on the amount of info you can gather up in such a short time, without you we would be so miss informed and screwd up atm, (Cencerly xXWICKEDXx ) biggest fan xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... not quitting... but definitely will never top up coins again in wyd since GOLDS are already bugged and pushing ard the games... this is just a stupid glitch that GMs and the admins of the company have to acknowledge and I do not understand the rational in staying there and catching people when no more ppl are interested anymore to top up coins. Just off the server, finish the bug fix for our client exe to solve the gold bug and then repower back the server. now players inside are not doing anything at all... just PK and buy pots to kill each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That there are bugs is really a problem but the communication around it is terrible.
    Only thing i see and read is threats about banning.
    I guess some pro players and investers in this game like you claire are intitled of better information so this problem can be more accepted.
    The GM's should know by now we do things for the better welfare of the game because we like it not for personal gayn.
    If they could could only understand that instead of showing the arrogance displayed now.
    I believe they do a lot to fix this problem but its hard without seeing results.
    Its already taking months so an explanation of why its taking so long is in order i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WYD Global team/staff cannot do jack s**t to the server/client files.

    They are NOT allowed to make Custom Patches nor are they allowed to tamper with the Server files or client files in anyway, shape or form and that will be written in their Licencing Contract owned by the Game Devlopers (HanbitSoft Inc.)

    WYD Team aka (t3fun) are only the Game Producers, t3fun pay for a licence to run and use the server/client files, its the game Developers (HanbitSoft Inc.) that own the game and ultimatly have the final say about what happens to "there" messed up files, and in this case the HanbitSoft Inc. have t3fun hanging by there balls...

    So people, players, supporters you should be sending your flames and hate mails to (HanbitSoft Inc.) for there huge screw up in releasing this bugged patch to t3fun.

    not good indeed...

    ReplyDelete